From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Configuring fbsplash
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:11:06
1 On 10/28/05, Grimaldy Soto <nehemoth@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Good Day.
6 >
7 > Guys i wanna configure so i can see a beautiful background when my machine
8 > is upload it..
9 >
10 > I'm using the gensplash in 5 easy steps to do this, but there are
11 > something that i wanna know..
12 >
13 > For example i'm using the 2.6.13-r6 Sources Kernel , i remembered that i
14 > active the framebuffer support, so i suppossed that i don't need to
15 > reconfigure and compile the kernel again..
16 >
17 > If not please let me know.
18 >
19 > Anyway i wanna know a way of to know if i need reconfigure the kernel
20 > again..
21 > i've emerge splashutils and also livecd 2005.1 bootsplash theme the which
22 > is the one that i wanna configure, i did #mount /boot
23 > later this
24 > Create an initramfs image for fbsplash:
25 > # splash_geninitramfs -v -g /boot/fbsplash-emergence-1024x768 -r 1024x768
26 > emergence
27 >
28 > and also this
29 >
30 > # splash_geninitramfs -v -g /etc/fbsplash-livecd-2005.1 -r 1024x768
31 > livecd-2005.1
32 >
33 > But whichever command do i used i received the same error or warning
34 >
35 > o creating directory structure..
36 > o copying /sbin/splash_helper..
37 > o copying themes..
38 > - emergence
39 > warning: config file for theme 'emergence' , resolution 1024x768 does not
40 > exist!
41 > o creating initramfs image..
42 > -----------------
43 > o creating directory structure..
44 > o copying /sbin/splash_helper..
45 > o copying themes..
46 > - default
47 > warning: config file for theme 'default' , resolution 1024x768 does not
48 > exist!
49 > o creating initramfs image..
52 > I have in /etc/splash
53 > the folder livecd-2005.1 and the emergance too
56 > Could somebody please help me??
57 >
58 > Regards
59 >
60 > I'm reading right now
61 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash
62 >
63 > But i cannot find help
66 If you follow the howto on the wiki you should get it working easily. I used
67 that howto following the roll your own kernel build version (I never use
68 genkernel) on about a dozen machines with varying hardware configurations
69 and have always had success, it just takes some work sometimes.
70
71 -Mike
75 Michael E. Crute
76 Software Developer
77 SoftGroup Development Corporation
78
79 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
80 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"