From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntpd & timezone
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:40:15
1 What does
2
3 ls -ln /etc/localtime
4
5 return?
6
7 On 9/12/05, Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
8 >
9 > I'm new to Gentoo. I've built a system based on the 2.6-11 kernel and
10 > everything has been working fine. Some time passed and I thought it a
11 > good idea to update. Thus I ran emerge -uvD world to update. Then I
12 > ran etc-update to merge the conf files. I basically accepted
13 > replacement of conf files I didn't think I'd changed and merged the ones
14 > I did change. However, now ntpd seems to make my time about 8 hours
15 > behind my local time. I am on PDT. I suspect ntpd is seeing PDT as GMT
16 > and then the system is subtracting the 8 hours. What file(s) should I
17 > look at to get things back to normal?
18 >
19 > Thanks,
20 >
21 > Drew
22 >
23 > --
24 > Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse
25 > Magic Tricks, DVDs, Videos, Books, & More!
26 >
27 > http://www.alchemistswarehouse.com
28 >
29 > --