From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Emerge not updating the Installed database
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 23:06:34
1 On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 18:55:20 +1000
2 Rod <Rod@×××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > Hi List,
5 >
6 > I have just updated MythTV, but when I do `emerge -s mythtv` I
7 > get the previous version is the installed version
8 >
9 > # emerge -s mythtv
10 >
11 > [ Results for search key : mythtv ]
12 > Searching...
13 >
14 > * media-tv/mythtv
15 > Latest version available: 0.27.5_p20150627
16 > Latest version installed: 0.27.4_p20150124
17
18 Yep, you seem to be right :) Someone will surely ask what version of
19 portage you're using, so I may as well ask it first.
20
21 I tend to use app-portage/eix instead of emerge for searching functions,
22 so if you're in the mood for experiments you could try installing that
23 and initialize its database (/var/cache/eix/portage.eix) with
24 eix-update.
25
26 Assuming that worked, search for mythtv with 'eix mythtv' and you
27 should see any available and installed versions.
28
29 This should at least distract you from worrying about a portage bug :)