From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [way OT] Firefox qt download file names
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:07:28
1 On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 18:58 -0600, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > My sister has posted some video of my nieces wedding online for the
3 > family to view.
4 >
5 > When I hit the site (on WindowsXP) my browser (firefox) displays it in
6 > quicktime. I don't see any opportunity to download the file and I
7 > hate to have to just record it from the screen. I'm pretty sure
8 > firefox is downloading the video somewhere so I thought I might be
9 > able to get that file somehow.
10 >
11 > Can anyone coach me at all as to how to go about that?
12
13 depending on how it's done, you could just view the source and see if
14 there are any links in there to the real video. Then you can download
15 that with wget or something.
16
17 Sometimes websites do their best to obscure the actual video link behind
18 javascript and all sorts of balony, so that you can't do this - but I
19 doubt this is the case here.
20
21 You probably don't want to give away the site, but if you get stuck post
22 some of the source that you think might be relevant, and we can go from
23 there.
24
25 HTH,
29 Better tried by twelve than carried by six.
30 -- Jeff Cooper
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list