From: "J.Marcos Sitorus" <gkjdsh@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new installation (ssd, new udev, grub2)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 02:36:27
1 Hi guys, after quick read about ssd, I have a couple of question:
2 1. My friend have new server with a ssd installed. He plan to RHEL 5.7
3 (I don't know why he choose this) on it. On redhat website, it say
4 something like this:
5 "However, if the device does not export topology information, Red Hat
6 recommends that the first partition be created at a 1MB boundary."
7 What does it mean by 1MB boundary? Does it mean he have to create 1MB
8 free space in front or he have to create a 1MB partition in front of
9 his actual partition(s)?
10
11 2. Is it possible to combine TRIM support and ext3 partition (AFAIK,
12 RHEL 5.7 haven't support ext4)?
13
14 *i hope this is not count as hijacking
15