From: Raphael MD <raphaxx@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel did not finding root partition
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 18:07:59
1 On May 29, 2017 14:51, "Kai Krakow" <hurikhan77@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Am Mon, 29 May 2017 08:09:02 -0300
4 > schrieb Raphael MD <raphaxx@×××××.com>:
5 >
6 > > I'm trying to install Gentoo in my notebook, but kernel, during the
7 > > boot, do not find the root partition.
8 > >
9 > > I'm using UEFI boot, I've tried Genkernel, I've checked XFS's support
10 > > in kernel's menuconfig and re-cheked GRUB config files, but is a
11 > > pain, do not work.
12 > >
13 > > I've installed Funtoo with Debian Kernel first, but Funtoo KDE's
14 > > ebuild was pointing to a invalid URL and I've switched to Gentoo and
15 > > now I'm suffering this problem to boot.
16 > >
17 > > Have anyone some information, about this Kernel's boot didn't finding
18 > > root partition? Is better configure kernel without Genkernel? I need
19 > > to pass some commands to Kernel via GRUB?
20 > >
21 > > PS.: Appear to be very simple configure UEFI, because I'm using
22 > > Refind and it was working with Funtoo, and I realized this problem is
23 > > with gentoo kernel's config, but I do not know where I need to config.
24 > >
25 > > Any suggestions?
26 >
27 > For UEFI boot the best way is to install the kernel to the ESP,
28 > especially if it is directly loaded by EFI. Which exact message do you
29 > see? It is not clear if the kernel already booted and just cannot find
30 > the rootfs, or if even the kernel cannot load.
31 >
32 > I don't know reFind, but some EFI loaders like gummiboot / systemd-boot
33 > expect the kernel to have an EFI stub because the kernel is
34 > chain-loaded through EFI...
35 >
36 > So we need to know a few things:
37 >
38 > 1. partition layout
39 > 2. kernel cmdline
40 > 3. boot-loader config
41 > 4. exact error message on screen
44 > --
45 > Regards,
46 > Kai
47 >
48 > Replies to list-only preferred.
52 1. partition layout
53 /dev/sda1 vfat boot
54 /dev/sda3 xfs root
55 /dev/sda2 swap
56
57 > 2. kernel cmdline
58 None
59
60 > 3. boot-loader config
61 Grub, without any different config.
62
63 > 4. exact error message on screen
64 Kernel boot up, start to load drivers and stop asking for root partition.