From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel did not finding root partition
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 18:16:35
1 On Mon, 29 May 2017 15:07:48 -0300, Raphael MD wrote:
2
3 > > > PS.: Appear to be very simple configure UEFI, because I'm using
4 > > > Refind and it was working with Funtoo, and I realized this problem
5 > > > is with gentoo kernel's config, but I do not know where I need to
6 > > > config.
7
8 > > 1. partition layout
9 > > 2. kernel cmdline
10 > > 3. boot-loader config
11 > > 4. exact error message on screen
12
13 > 1. partition layout
14 > /dev/sda1 vfat boot
15 > /dev/sda3 xfs root
16 > /dev/sda2 swap
17
18 That looks OK.
19
20 > > 2. kernel cmdline
21 > None
22
23 Are you letting rEFInd auto-detect it? Maybe you need to configure it
24 manually with a root= setting.
25
26 > > 3. boot-loader config
27 > Grub, without any different config.
28
29 You said you were using rEFInd, why have you got GRUB as well. rEFInd can
30 work without a config, GRUB cannot.
31
32 > > 4. exact error message on screen
33 > Kernel boot up, start to load drivers and stop asking for root
34 > partition.
35
36 That's a summary, not an exact message. As such it gives no useful
37 information.
41 Neil Bothwick
42
43 Life's a cache, and then you flush...