From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to install ghhhostscript ?
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:35:05
1 2008/11/18 <meino.cramer@×××.de>:
2 > While trying to install ghostscript-gpl I got this one:
3 >
4 > Calculating dependencies... done!
5 > [blocks B ] app-text/ghostscript-gpl (is blocking app-text/ghostscript-esp-8.15.4-r1)
6 > [blocks B ] app-text/ghostscript-esp (is blocking app-text/ghostscript-gpl-8.62)
7 >
8 > * Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
9 > * installed at the same time on the same system.
12 > It seems there is still a difference ?!?!
13 >
14 > I want to use turboprint (propietary linux printer driver suit)
15 > finally. What to choose?
16 >
17 > Should I remove first both version, than install one (which one?) and
18 > then reinstall cups and then reinstall turboprint and then finally
19 > being able to print again (or not?) ?
20 >
21 > Before doing anything else which screws up my system even more I would
22 > thank the experts here for any advice in advance ! :)
23
24 Did you uninstall app-text/ghostscript-esp beforehand? If yes there is
25 the possibility that some app depends on app-text/ghostscript-esp
26 instead of the ghostscript virtual but I don't think this is the case.
29 Regards,
30 Daniel