From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apache emerge stumbles on LDAP; should I care?
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:14:25
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > I'm in the midst of an avalanche of re-emerging packages, occasioned
3 > in part by
4 > an update to the LDAP libraries. I don't completely understand that
5 > because I
6 > never turned on the LDAP USE-flag, but maybe some things just need it.
7 >
8 > However, I'm annoyed that apache would not build because, it said,
9 > dev-libs/apr-util
10 > did not have LDAP support. DUH! Nothing new here. I hadn't changed
11 > my mind
12 > about LDAP, so why all of a sudden apache is getting touchy about LDAP?
13 >
14 > I explicitly set apache to -ldap in packages.use, and it compiled
15 > okay. B ut
16 > I'm starting to wonder if that was sensible. I only vaguely
17 > understand that
18 > LDAP has to do with "directory" searches, but I don't know why I
19 > should care
20 > about that in general, or about it in reference to apache.
21 >
22 > So what do I need to know about this?
23 >
24 > ++ kevin
25 >
26 Obviously you don't use LDAP, so I could try this:
27 emerge gentoolkit (if you haven't done this)
28 euse -D ldap
29 emerge -DuNav world
30
31 If you come again to a package which doesn't compile you can just skip
32 it with:
33 emerge --resume --skipfirst
36 Best regards,
37 Daniel