From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching to Bellsouth dial-up, trying to anyway. :-(
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:50:07
1 Hi Dale,
2
3 Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> writes:
6 > I wish I could get DSL of any kind out here but it is not available
7 > yet. The last upgrade we got on our phone service is when we got off
8 > the party line system. That's where 3 or 4 people share the same phone
9 > line. Yea, that old. They killed my apple tree too. :-@
10 > The link I gave is for the last one, the Actiontec modem. It is what I
11 > had before and the one that got hit by lightening. I had to get the
12 > current one as a replacement. Hey, it was only $10.00. LOL
13 > I plan to go to my ISP tomorrow and see if they have a newer one. Wish
14 > me luck.
15
16 You may already have seen this, in which case sorry for the noise:
17
18 http://axion.physics.ubc.ca/ppp-linux.html
19
20 A number of years ago I followed the steps listed there to get dial-up
21 into my (Windows centric) university modem pool.
22
23 Cheers,
24 Roger
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list