From: Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Machine completely broken; Ncursed!
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 01:25:47
1 Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
2 > On Saturday, April 11, 2015 10:22:09 AM Alan Grimes wrote:
3 >> Right now my system is completely unusable and will need fresh stage3
4 >> packages followed by an emerge emptytree to recover. But before I can do
5 >> that, I need a sane profile and to know that the person who pushed out
6 >> the changes to portage, obviously without any testing whatsoever, that
7 >> broke my system so comprehensively is tortured, executed, butchered, and
8 >> then cremated.
9 > I think it's funny how you're so quick to blame your problem on others'
10 > incompetence while at the same time begging for their help. Have you stopped
11 > to think why it's just you having this problem? There no way to test for all
12 > the crazy things users will do with any system, let alone one like Gentoo.
13
14 Correct. Linux, all distributions, all versions is a complete nightmare.
15 Unfortunately all other operating systems and distributions are far far
16 worse. =(
17
18 If people could just put Unix in the trash can where it belongs and
19 focus on making systems simpler and more elegant then things could
20 improve. =|
21
22 Take the picture: A perfectly diabolical machine that is utterly
23 foolproof. ;)
26 IQ is a measure of how stupid you feel.
27
28 Powers are not rights.

zak_mckracken_and_the_alien_mindbenders_051.png image/png