From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel options and udisk
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 22:59:43
1 On Tuesday 18 September 2012 22:03:15 Dale wrote:
2
3 > My biggest expenses, refrigeration and heating/cooling. I have a
4 > large fridge, two deep freezers, two window A/C's for summer and a
5 > large heater for the winter. Compare any of those to my computer,
6 > the computer is a rounding error. My main rig, monitor, router, DSL
7 > modem and printer pulls about 150 watts at most. At most would be
8 > while it is compiling or something. When idle, ~100 watts. I
9 > figured it up once and I think it costs about $12.00 a month to run.
10 > Heck, when I have a $200.00 power bill, rounding error comes to
11 > mind. Heck, taxes and fees on the power bill is more than my puter
12 > uses. I would much rather fuss about the taxes than my puter. I
13 > use my puter. lol
14
15 Didn't you say once that you run a BOINC application? I forget which
16 one. That would keep your CPU use at 100%. Here I run four at a time
17 continuously, and according to gkrellm the CPUs sit at 60 - 65C. Just
18 giving a little back to the community that I gain from.
19
20 I have an audio amplifier downstairs that consumes 96W on standby. Now
21 that _is_ excessive. Keeps that corner of the room warm though.
24 Rgds
25 Peter