From: Farhan Ahmed <farhanahmed06@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 13:52:19
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > (snip)
3 >
4 > The difference is: with -j2 box is slow. A lot of packages do not compile
5 > because of ooms.
6 >
7 > with -j1 box is normal. No ooms. Compiling does not take longer as with -j2.
8
9 This is the first time I'm hearing this.. Even with -j2 my system
10 functions normally.. Has anyone encountered same problem?
11
12 PS: Your quote in previous message about gentoo-wiki is not true..
13 Although I agree that the Flags I quoted were unstable, you cannot say
14 gentoo-wiki cannot be trusted just because it can be edited by anyone..
15 If you are true then you cannot trust any Free Software because it too
16 can be edited.. Agreed that someone might post wrong info, but it's even
17 more likely that someone will recognize it and correct it.. This is the
18 beauty of open source..
19
20 Farhan Ahmed
21 --
22 Place : Bangalore, Karnataka, India
23 GPG Key : 8BE90E98
24 WengoPhone ID : farhanahmed
25 IRC Nick : farhanahmed / farhanahmed06 (irc.freenode.net)