From: Tom Naujokas <tnaujoka@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I get larger fonts in X ?
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 02:48:54
1 On Mon, 2005-15-08 at 22:09 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > The one part I haven't figured out is xterm. If I {ALT-RIGHT-CLICK}
4 > in an xterm, I get a menu that will alter font sizes. How do I change
5 > the default font size that xterm comes up with?
6
7 You can control xterm fonts with either command line options or with
8 Xtoolkit resources. "man xterm" shows the option:
9
10 -fn font This option specifies the font to be used for displaying
11 normal text. The default is fixed.
12
13 and for a resource:
14
15 font (class Font) Specifies the name of the normal font. The
16 default is ``fixed.''
17
18 Reviewing the rest of the man file, there are many other options and
19 resources for controlling fonts. Far more than I remember from the
20 last time I looked at this particular man file. Looks like some
21 experimentation would be in order to determine what works best for
22 you.
23
24 Tom Naujokas
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list