From: ny6p01@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ogg/mp3 volume
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 14:20:53
1 On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 07:54:10PM +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Is there a way to change the "volume" of a mp3/vorbis track? By volume,
4 > I'm referring to lining up several tracks on your
5 > computer/phone/tablet/thingy, setting the one volume level and then
6 > letting them play. For example, the first track will be quiet, of all
7 > ironies my Led Zeppelin tracks are all like this, the next track will be
8 > loud, the next track "in the middle", in other words it's Goldilocks and
9 > the three bears with audio tracks.
10 >
11 > Is there a way I can either during the ripping process, or subsequently
12 > in a post-processing, make the "average" volume of all my tracks the same?
13 >
14 > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
15 >
16 > Andrew
17
18 don't rip myself, but back in the day, the big ripping programs would usu
19 have some kind of 'leveling' plugin that would equalize the volumes on all
20 the tracks.
21
22 Terry