From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: cups web interface (localhost:631) missing
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:45:23
1 At Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:10:19 -0400 Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2
3 > The web based administration interface for cups appears to be missing.
4 > I just installed the unstable version today to fix the libpng problem.
5 >
6 > When I browse http://localhost:631/help I receive
7 >
8 > Not Found
9 > The requested resource was not found on this server.
10 >
11 > I haven't used this interface in a while so I can't say for sure it
12 > was due to the upgrade to unstable.
13 >
14 > I can say that the man page for cups-config does include
15 > SEE ALSO
16 > http://localhost:631/help
17 >
18 > Thanks in advance for any help.
19 > allan
20
21 Oops. I spoke too soon, but do have a question.
22
23 I had done an etc-update and took the new config (which specifically now
24 enables listening on 631).
25
26 I tried /etc/init.d/cupsd restart but it failed ( [??] )
27
28 Then did /etc/init.d/cupsd zap; /etc/init.d/cupsd start both of which
29 succeeded. At this point I could *not* access localhost:631.
30
31 However, a reboot fixed this.
32
33 I am fairly sure a reboot should not be required (and the elog doesn't
34 mention one). What did I do wrong?
35
36 Sorry for jumping to conclusions in my first msg.
37
38 allan
39 --
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list