From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pam limits
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:42:00
1 On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:45:49 -0500
2 Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > > Now that the behaviour of "useradd -m xyz" has changed from putting
6 > > the newuser in group "users" ("xyz:users") to putting the user in a
7 > > group with same name ("xyz:xyz") I would appreciate any advice on
8 > > getting the old behavior back or any workaround to achieve the same
9 > > goal - all users should be limited by default at creation time.
10 >
11 > Oh do they do that now? That was that nasty Red Hat extension.
12 > Nevertheless, override the default behavior:
13 >
14 > # useradd -m -g users xyz
18 > --
19 > Albert W. Hopkins
23 Yes, of course, I could use "useradd -g", but I'm always forgetting it.
24 I was thinking for something more like...let's say a config file, where
25 one could put the defaults and actually use only "useradd xyz" w/o any
26 params. Thinking of which...there is this file /etc/default/useradd,
27 where I have the statement "GROUP=100" (100=users), but useradd doesn't
28 obey it...
33 Best regards,
34 Daniel
35 --