From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot see Grub menu
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 19:36:56
1 On Sunday 12 Aug 2012 19:52:26 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
3 >
4 > [snip]
5 >
6 > > PS @Michael Mol: it is nice for you that you joined Google+ recently, but
7 > > are
8 > > you aware that they scanned your address book and spammed around about
9 > > it? There are some of us who don’t want to be part of any social moloch.
10 >
11 > No, they didn't crawl my address book, or do anything of the sort.
12 >
13 > On Google+, I follow people who I believe (or at least suspect) to be
14 > intelligent or knowledgeable in technical fields. That includes everyone on
15 > the gentoo-user and gentoo-dev mailing lists; you folks are among the
16 > highest grade of computer and software geeks I've come across.
17 >
18 > In the GMail web interface, there's a pane on the right which shows people
19 > involved in the conversation. While reading Gentoo-related threads, if I
20 > see people listed there that I haven't added to my 'Technical folk' circle,
21 > I add them. I _thought_ it was only showing people who already had Google
22 > accounts.
23 >
24 > Apparently, that last presumption isn't true...and as a consequence, when I
25 > add people to my list-of-people-to-watch, Google sends them an invite if
26 > they don't already have Google accounts. Apologies for any spam, but
27 > understand that I have no clear way of knowing whether or not someone has a
28 > Google+ account before I add them; people who don't have them simply show
29 > up as 'this person hasn't shared anything with you.'
30
31 When I received your Google+ invite I thought that Google was taking liberties
32 with your actual intentions and spamming your contacts perhaps.
33
34 I do have and use a gmail account for this list, but I do not (knowingly)
35 partake in social websites like Google+, Buzz, Facebook & Twitter. I also
36 use Gtalk for IM, but as far as I know by using Gmail and Gtalk I am not
37 automatically subscribed to Google+ and the like.
38
39 PS. What does "people to watch" do? It sounds rather voyeuristic ... O_o
40 --
41 Regards,
42 Mick