From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot see Grub menu
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 18:54:46
1 On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 [snip]
6 > PS @Michael Mol: it is nice for you that you joined Google+ recently, but
7 > are
8 > you aware that they scanned your address book and spammed around about it?
9 > There are some of us who don’t want to be part of any social moloch.
12 No, they didn't crawl my address book, or do anything of the sort.
13
14 On Google+, I follow people who I believe (or at least suspect) to be
15 intelligent or knowledgeable in technical fields. That includes everyone on
16 the gentoo-user and gentoo-dev mailing lists; you folks are among the
17 highest grade of computer and software geeks I've come across.
18
19 In the GMail web interface, there's a pane on the right which shows people
20 involved in the conversation. While reading Gentoo-related threads, if I
21 see people listed there that I haven't added to my 'Technical folk' circle,
22 I add them. I _thought_ it was only showing people who already had Google
23 accounts.
24
25 Apparently, that last presumption isn't true...and as a consequence, when I
26 add people to my list-of-people-to-watch, Google sends them an invite if
27 they don't already have Google accounts. Apologies for any spam, but
28 understand that I have no clear way of knowing whether or not someone has a
29 Google+ account before I add them; people who don't have them simply show
30 up as 'this person hasn't shared anything with you.'
33 :wq