From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless broadband modems - Working?
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 16:44:45
1 On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>> Thanks Neil, I'd like to get as close as possible to being ready to
3 >>> plug-and-play with one of those modems. Do you remember the names of
4 >>> the kernel modules? I've never used PPP software before. Can you
5 >>> recommend a package?
6 >>
7 >> You need usbserial and the Novatel modems use the option module. I use
8 >> wvdial with this config, which worked with T-Mobile, Vodafone and O2.
9 >>
10 >> [Dialer tmob]
11 >> Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
12 >> Baud = 460800
13 >> Init2 =AT
14 >> Init3 = AT&FE0V1X1&D2&C1S0=0
15 >> ISDN = 0
16 >> Modem Type = Analog Modem
17 >> Phone = *99***1#
18 >> Username = username
19 >> Password = password
20 >
21 > Thanks Neil. Weird that wvdial is in /usr/portage but doesn't come up
22 > at gentoo-portage.com.
23
24 Looking at http://gentoo-portage.com/Browse it seems the entire
25 net-dialup category (and several others) are absent from that site.
26 Maybe he didn't get it all set up properly after the servers were
27 lost.