From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless broadband modems - Working?
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 15:27:43
1 >> Thanks Neil, I'd like to get as close as possible to being ready to
2 >> plug-and-play with one of those modems.  Do you remember the names of
3 >> the kernel modules?  I've never used PPP software before.  Can you
4 >> recommend a package?
5 >
6 > You need usbserial and the Novatel modems use the option module. I use
7 > wvdial with this config, which worked with T-Mobile, Vodafone and O2.
8 >
9 > [Dialer tmob]
10 > Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
11 > Baud = 460800
12 > Init2 =AT
13 > Init3 = AT&FE0V1X1&D2&C1S0=0
14 > ISDN = 0
15 > Modem Type = Analog Modem
16 > Phone = *99***1#
17 > Username = username
18 > Password = password
19
20 Thanks Neil. Weird that wvdial is in /usr/portage but doesn't come up
21 at gentoo-portage.com.
22
23 - Grant