From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless broadband modems - Working?
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 16:59:32
1 On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 08:56:02 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > Thanks Neil, I'd like to get as close as possible to being ready to
4 > plug-and-play with one of those modems. Do you remember the names of
5 > the kernel modules? I've never used PPP software before. Can you
6 > recommend a package?
7
8 You need usbserial and the Novatel modems use the option module. I use
9 wvdial with this config, which worked with T-Mobile, Vodafone and O2.
10
11 [Dialer tmob]
12 Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
13 Baud = 460800
14 Init2 =AT
15 Init3 = AT&FE0V1X1&D2&C1S0=0
16 ISDN = 0
17 Modem Type = Analog Modem
18 Phone = *99***1#
19 Username = username
20 Password = password
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great
27 ordeal of meeting me is another matter. - Sir Winston Churchill
28 (1874-1965)