From: Gregory SACRE <gregory.sacre@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Laptop Lid Close...
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:57:34
1 This is the script I am using. It is spawned by the default.sh from /etc/acpi:
2
3 -------------------------- SCRIPT START --------------------------
4 # default display on current host
5 export XAUTHORITY="/home/<your_user>/.Xauthority"
6 DISPLAY=:0.0
7
8 # find out if monitor is on
9 STATUS=`cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID0/state`
10 logger "monitor: $STATUS"
11
12 # find out if DPMS is enabled
13 DPMS=`xset -display $DISPLAY -q | grep -e 'DPMS is'`
14 logger "dpms: $DPMS"
15
16 # enable DPMS if disabled
17 if [ "$DPMS" == " DPMS is Disabled" ]
18 then
19 logger "Enabling DPMS ..."
20 xset -display $DISPLAY +dpms
21 fi
22
23 if [ `echo $STATUS | grep -i closed | wc -l` -eq 1 ]
24 then
25 logger "[`date`] Turning display OFF"
26 xset -display $DISPLAY dpms force off
27 else
28 logger "[`date`] Turning display ON" # shows up in log
29 xset -display $DISPLAY dpms force on # turn monitor on
30 xset -display $DISPLAY s activate # un-blank monitor
31 fi
32
33 #clean up
34 unset STATUS
35 unset DPMS
36
37 # comment this line out if you're manually running this script from a
38 shell (put a # in front of it)
39 unset DISPLAY
40
41 exit 0
42 -------------------------- SCRIPT STOP --------------------------
43
44 Change the <your_user> variable.
45 I had also to set xscreensaver to switch off my monitor instead of
46 blanking it, because I think (not sure) that xscreensaver was
47 switching on my monitor when it was supposed to start the screensaver
48 (as after a while, my monitor was switched back on, and as I didn't
49 see that happening since my xscreensaver modification, I can only
50 assume that was the problem).
53 HTH,
54
55 Greg