From: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CPU upgrade and LVM questions.
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2018 06:07:14
1 Hello,
2
3 On Fri, 07 Dec 2018, Dale wrote:
4 >David Haller wrote:
5 >> On Fri, 07 Dec 2018, Dale wrote:
6 >>> Peter Humphrey wrote:
7 >>>> Have you tried gkrellm? It's very neat. Sits in a vertical strip at
8 >>>> the side of your screen and shows a whole load of things all at
9 >>>> once. I've been using it for donkeys' years.
10 >>> That's what I generally use.  I don't see a place for it to show the CPU
11 >>> frequency tho.  Did I miss it?
12 >> Nope. Try your local x11-plugins/gkrellm-gkfreq, see attachment ;)
13 >
14 >Oh man.  They added a lot of plugins since I last looked.  I couldn't
15 >find the one you mentioned but I did find gkrellm-cpupower which seems
16 >to be it.  Maybe they changed a name recently???
17
18 Nah, cpupower seems to be even older that gkfreq, but that is also at
19 least from 2010 ;) IIRC I found it linked from the gkrellm homepage.
20
21 >Thing about that, it takes up way to much room to display. I could
22 >check it on occasion but I wouldn't want to leave it up there all the
23 >time.
24
25 You can configure it! But cpupower seems to take at least a
26 line/CPU-Core. BTW it seems you have to restart gkrellm to have
27 cpupower update it's config, unlike most other plugins (e.g. gkfreq ;)
28
29 >Thanks for the tip tho.  I'm going to check into the other plugins that
30 >might be nifty to have.
31
32 gkfreq can be configured that it just shows one line (e.g. "Max",
33 which is how I have it), and which suits me. Oh and with that slower
34 update-rate in my other follow-up with the patch.
35
36 Check both out. You can use both cpupower and gkfreq for testing and
37 keep whichever you like better ;)
38
39 -dnh
42 [David hat Thomas einen Geologen genannt]
43 >Ich bastle auch schon an der Bombe fuer David.... :-))
44 *JAUL* *duck* *fluecht* *eingrab* *Ach nee, das bringt bei nem
45 Geo_PHYSIKER_ ja nix* *Heul* *UFO kaper*
46 [Thomas Hertweck und Haller in suse-talk]