From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CPU upgrade and LVM questions.
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2018 05:35:29
1 David Haller wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On Fri, 07 Dec 2018, Dale wrote:
5 >> Peter Humphrey wrote:
6 >>> Have you tried gkrellm? It's very neat. Sits in a vertical strip at
7 >>> the side of your screen and shows a whole load of things all at
8 >>> once. I've been using it for donkeys' years.
9 >> That's what I generally use.  I don't see a place for it to show the CPU
10 >> frequency tho.  Did I miss it?
11 > Nope. Try your local x11-plugins/gkrellm-gkfreq, see attachment ;)
12 >
13 > HTH,
14 > -dnh
17 Oh man.  They added a lot of plugins since I last looked.  I couldn't
18 find the one you mentioned but I did find gkrellm-cpupower which seems
19 to be it.  Maybe they changed a name recently???  Thing about that, it
20 takes up way to much room to display. I could check it on occasion but I
21 wouldn't want to leave it up there all the time.
22
23 Thanks for the tip tho.  I'm going to check into the other plugins that
24 might be nifty to have.
25
26 Dale
27