From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Some KDE apps under KDE4 stability
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 15:18:21
1 On Samstag 04 Oktober 2008, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I have notice KDE 4.1.2 ebuilds were added to the official protage tree
5 > (still masked though). I'm interested in most brave KDE users' opinions wrt
6 > some concrete KDE apps' stability under KDE4 (in order of importance):
7 >
8 > KMail (without IMAP using)
9
10 works without any problems.
11
12 > Krusader 2.x (core, without 'Useractions')
13
14 don't know
15
16 > Phonon (working with ALSA/hdsp)
17
18 works well
19
20 > Amarok 2.x (dealing with local files only)
21
22 stay with amarok 1.4 ....
23
24 > Konsole (he-he :-) )
25
26 no problems there. But you might want to change some default settings to get
27 the 'open tab' and 'close tab' buttons back
28
29 > Kima applet
30
31 doesn't exist
32
33 > KNetLoad applet (if it works at all)
34
35 don't even know if it exists.
38 for the two above: there are countless plasmoids, just look around.
39
40 > KSysGuard
41
42 works.
45 > And I'm not interested in other rather classic desktop (I mean I'm not
46 > going to use compiz and such ruches).
47
48 why compiz? kde 4.1 has rather nice effects build in (which can be turned off
49 easily in systemsettings).