From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Copy'n'Paste...but not for all?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 01:20:04
1 On 25/06/2017 09:12 μμ, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > On my Gentoo Linux box I am running Virtualbox and
3 > on that virtual box Linux again.
4 >
5 > When trying to cut text from a terminal or another
6 > text-based apolication and past that into a firefox
7 > running on the virtualized Linux it fails.
8 >
9 > But when I start a firefox on the host system,
10 > cut text from a terminal or another text-based
11 > application and paste that into the URL-field
12 > of the firefox on the host sustem, then cut
13 > it from there and paste it into the firefox
14 > on the viryalized Linux...it works.
15 >
16 > Looks a little weird to me...
17 > Is that an error, which fails to fail completly
18 > or is a half working feature (or do I fail
19 > in both cases ... ;) ?
20
21 Similar things happen with VMware. It seems that many applications do
22 not set the clipboard contents in a way that VB or VMw can recognize.
23
24 Never found a solution to this myself.