From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chrome and everything
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 14:45:16
1 On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:49 AM, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Hi All,
5 >>
6 >> Something strange happen here. I have seen few things in Linux world
7 >> but this is very new for me!
8 >>
9 >> I have this fantastic browser called Chromium (12.0.742.68) and I
10 >> really like it. But, sometimes, when I see flash videos on different
11 >> sites (youtube, cnn, bbc) the whole chromium become frozen and basicly
12 >> impossible to kill it
13 >
14 > Flash is behaving like this in every browser on my Gentoo ~amd64 box
15 > ever since Flash plugin 10.3 was released. Constantly freezing UI,
16 > flash video still showing when when window is closed, etc. With
17 > earlier 10.x series it was (mostly) okay, it was definitely usable.
18 > With 10.3 so far it is basically a waste of time to try loading any
19 > flash objects. Noscript/adblock to the rescue. ;)
22 Replying to myself, it looks like flash plugin 10.3 is only available
23 as 32-bit on linux (so it's using the nspluginwrapper), while 10.2 was
24 64-bit. So maybe that's part of the explanation in my case.