From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: lists@×××××××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to split boost emerge
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 23:23:34
1 On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:43:47 +0200
2 Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Am 12.07.2012 17:47, schrieb Ezequiel Garcia:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > This is related to my other gnash question.
8 > >
9 > > I'd like to emerge boost but selecting only a few modules,
10 > > for instance: filesystem, thread, .... just a few.
11 > >
12 > > But it seems there is no way to do it!
13 > >
14 > > Any ideas?
15 > >
16 > > Thanks,
17 > > Ezequiel.
20 > No, there is currently no way to do this. You could ask Diego Pettenò
21 > (Flameeyes) [1][2] to implement it but Boost's build system is a mess
22 > [3] and I'm not sure it is actually possible.
23 >
24 > [1] mailto:flameeyes@×××××××××.eu
25 > [2] http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
26 > [3] http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2012/07/boosting-my-morale-i-wish
29 And the Boost docs anyway say something along the lines of
30
31 "You should not *actually* try and build this stuff. Copy-paste the
32 bits you need into your code."
33
34 I think that says it all...
38 Alan McKinnnon