From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH hosed, only rubble remains
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 05:16:30
1 Tuesday 30 May 2006 06:48 skrev Iain Buchanan:
2 > I see this [ "x" != "x$BLAH" ] test all over the place, especially in
3 > the /etc/init.d scripts. Maybe -z is not standardised or something?
4 > Dunno why people use it.
5
6 Having searched a little further I have been able to locate a few scripts that
7 uses this in my bin folders. Common for those scripts are that they are sh
8 scripts and not bash scripts. Looking at 'man sh' you find no -z or -n but
9 they are in 'man bash'.
10
11 I think it's safe to say that .bashrc is a bash script and to make it even
12 more amusing (or whatever) Kevin does use both -z and -n a little further
13 down in his script.
16 Bo Andresen