From: "Paweł Madej" <linux@××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] autofs + usb device issue
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:43:07
1 Hello,
2
3 I've installed and configured automounter and it works ok for my cdrom
4 and floppy drive.
5
6 I'll describe my situation: My laptop has only one usb port and normally
7 I have plugged to it my mouse. When I want to copy photos from my
8 digital camera I have to unplug mouse and plug usb cable to camera.
9
10 1. I plug camera and I got it under /dev/sda1 device
11 2. I unplug it and plug once more ... this time it is the same /dev/sda1
12 device
13 3. I uplug it once more and plug my mouse and unplug it
14 4. I plug my camera and this time it is under /dev/sdb1 device
15
16 What is the problem?
17 How to configure /etc/autofs/auto.auto to automount camera to the sane
18 directory inspite of device which it is recognized.
19
20 I tried like that:
21
22 camera -fstype=vfat,rw
23 :/dev/disk/by-id/usb-OLYMPUS_C750UZ_000262018416-part1
24
25 whole is on one line
26
27 this usb-* links to the actually recognised device (sda1 or sdb1) when i
28 plug my camera)
29
30 but autofs will mount camera only once and after device changed it wont
31 mount it anymore until I restart autofs daemon.
34 Thanks for any help
35
36 Pawel
37 --