From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: java.awt.AWTError
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 13:35:04
1 On 02/03/2016 02:04:32 PM, Jörg Schaible wrote:
2 > Hi Helmut,
3 >
4 > Helmut Jarausch wrote:
5 >
6 > > Hi,
7 > >
8 > > when emerging sci-geosciences/josm-9999 I get a Java error :
11 > > java.awt.AWTError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0' as
12 > the
13 > > value of the DISPLAY variable.
16 > > This is on a local machine using DISPLAY :0
17 > >
18 > > Would anybody please shed some light on this error.
19 > >
20 > > (Emerge version 9060 proceeds just fine)
21 > >
22 > > Many thanks for a hint,
23 > > Helmut
24 >
25 > during the ebuild a Java application is running that requests the
26 > presence
27 > of X. So you're either on a machine without X or your JDK has no X
28 > support.
29 > E.g. the icedtea variants have a flag 'headless-awt' wich turns off X
30 > suport
31 > if active (and the name and meaning of the flag recently changed from
32 > 'X').
33 >
34 > As another alternative you may try to fix the ebuild by running the
35 > java
36 > application in question with system property
37 > "-Djava.headless.awt=true".
38 > This can succeed if the application just initializes AWT, but does not
39 > use
40 > it to display something.
43 Thanks Jörg!
44
45 My icedtea doesn't have the headless-awt use flag.
46 I've replaced
47 eant dist-optimized
48 by
49 eant -Djava.headless.awt=true dist-optimized
50 in the ebuild, but it didn't help.
51
52 Helmut