From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdm or kde won't login specific user, but "startx" works
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:51:07
1 Thanks a lot, guys. I don't like it, but I have removed and created again
2 the user, and now everything works as expected.
3
4 I said I don't like it because we didn't exactly know where the problem was.
5 I've checked permissions and groups before that, and had the home directory
6 backed up before removing the user and completely restored after the user
7 creation, so all files and directories kept the same permissions and mode
8 bits and the user has the same uid and belongs to the same groups as before.
9
10 I'm surely capable to live without that knowledge, but I can't help thinking
11 I would live better if knowing ;-)
12
13 Thanks again
14 Francisco