From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gparted leaves gaps
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 15:06:46
1 On Thursday, 1 April 2021 11:13:07 BST Michael wrote:
2
3 > You could check/set the alignment of logical-physical sectors yourself, by
4 > making sure the start of your partitions is divisible by 8, instead of
5 > adopting the GParted 1MB default boundary in any cases where it is not
6 > necessary.
7
8 So it seems to be the partition start points that matter; sizes have nothing
9 to do with it. Makes sense, now I think about it.
10
11 I've just realigned all my partitions to accord with that insight. It turned
12 out that most of them had small differences from 8^n sizes and start points,
13 which would explain all those unpartitioned spaces.
14
15 All well now. Thanks all.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.