From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: updating old box: segfaults with python
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 22:39:41
1 Am 08.01.2014 19:47, schrieb Grant Edwards:
2 > On 2014-01-08, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Looking forward to some clever suggestions ;-)
5 >
6 > Well, I'd start by running memtest86 overnight just to eliminate the
7 > possibility of marginal memory. But, if memory serves, this is a
8 > remote server at a customer site -- so that may not be a viable
9 > option.
10
11 Sure. Good suggestion. I would do that if I had physical access to the
12 server ... for now I don't. And I assume the box would behave much more
13 problematic if the memory was faulty. So far it is "only" related to
14 this python/glibc-issue. I emerge dozens of other packages without a
15 problem in the last few hours.
16
17 Thanks anyway ... if I have to run memtest and you were right I will
18 let you know ;-)
19
20 S