From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New xorg.conf with x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3-r5
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 20:05:51
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > DeviceKit isn't even in portage yet and not many packages support it. I don't
3 > even know if the devs will change and improve the configs much, if at all. The
4 > problem with hal is that it's code base is a mess, and it's design is a mish-
5 > mash of stuff throwwn together. At least, that's what the lead hal dev says
6
7 http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DeviceKit#Dependencies
8
9 I haven't looked into this in any depth but it seems like Devicekit will
10 not be an improvement (looks like it brings in the "kitchen sink" in
11 dependencies - I'm also "allergic" to gnome)...
12
13 Best regards
14
15 Peter K