From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: New xorg.conf with x11-base/xorg-server-1.5.3-r5
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 20:39:10
1 pk wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >> DeviceKit isn't even in portage yet and not many packages support it. I don't
4 >> even know if the devs will change and improve the configs much, if at all. The
5 >> problem with hal is that it's code base is a mess, and it's design is a mish-
6 >> mash of stuff throwwn together. At least, that's what the lead hal dev says
7 >
8 > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DeviceKit#Dependencies
9 >
10 > I haven't looked into this in any depth but it seems like Devicekit will
11 > not be an improvement (looks like it brings in the "kitchen sink" in
12 > dependencies - I'm also "allergic" to gnome)...
13
14 I don't see how it depends on Gnome. In any case, it's not obvious to
15 me from either the link you posted nor from DeviceKit's homepage.