From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange Xorg behaviour, not (always) loading nvidia module
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:36:35
1 On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:01:00 +0100
2 Pupino <pupinux@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > any clues in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
5 >
6 > Yes! I've found this:
7 > (EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver
8 > not found) that is the only error reported...
9 > But this suggests me nothing... I've looked at eselect and nvidia is
10 > the opengl interface...
11 > revdep-rebuild tells it's all ok...
12 > I knew not other places to investigate...
13 >
14 > Davide
17 All you have to do in order to get the proprietery nvidia drv working
18 is:
19
20 1) make sure the open src nvidia drv is not built in-kernel or as kernel
21 module:
22
23 ========
24 Location:
25 -> Device Drivers
26 -> Graphics support
27 -> Support for frame buffer devices (FB [=n])
28 -> nVidia Framebuffer Support = [N]
29 ========
30
31 2) emerge nvidia-drivers
32 3) make sure /etc/X11/xorg.conf has >Driver "nvidia"<, not "nv" in
33 section "Device"
34 4) eselect opengl set nvidia
37 HTH
40 Best regards,