From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How packages are made stable
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:03:37
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 >
3 > This is interesting stuff that I didn't know. So if I've been using
4 > KDevelop 3.3.2 forever
5 > because 3.3.3, 3.3.4, and 3.3.5 are all ~x86, it's not necessarily
6 > because 3.3.5 is
7 > broken, just that nobody's certified it? How does this happen?
8 > KDevelop is a pretty
9 > big beast, and I'm only going to use the C/C++ part of it. I'd be
10 > hesitant to proclaim
11 > such a thing ready for prime time based on my usage.
12
13 Well if it's been working for you, just file a stable request bug, post
14 your emerge --info and the arch testers and teams will look at it. :)
15
16 Thats pretty much how it works.
17
18 Steve