From: Xavier Parizet <xav@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: amavis and DKIM verification
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:11:04
1 Le 10/01/2010 22:26, Matt Harrison a écrit :
2 > I say OT because it's my understanding of DKIM that lets me down here, not Gentoo. I'm
3 > just not sure who to ask or even if it could be something Gentoo related.
4 >
5 > I've recently updated my postfix home mail server to use amavis-new for virus and spam
6 > filtering rather than procmail/spamassassin.
7 >
8 > It seems to be working well and I've also enabled some other goodies like DKIM signing
9 > and verification. I haven't confirmed signing is working yet, so maybe a side effect
10 > of this email is that someone can confirm this for me ;)
11
12 Your mail is not DKIM-Signed, check your setup.
13
14 > The main query I have is that a lot of the mail I get, in this case from various
15 > mailing lists, appears to failed DKIM verification.
16 >
17 > For example, several of the posters on this list are DKIM signing their mail either as
18 > part of gmail policy (or another big provider) or personal intent. Something in the
19 > region of 50% of signed mail on this list contains headers such as:
20 >
21 > Authentication-Results: genesis.genestate.com (amavisd-new); dkim=softfail
22 > (fail, message has been altered) header.i=@gmail.com
23 > Authentication-Results: genesis.genestate.com (amavisd-new); domainkeys=softfail
24 > (fail, message has been altered) header.from=xxxxxx@×××××.com
25 >
26 > Whereas the rest looks like this:
27 >
28 > Authentication-Results: genesis.genestate.com (amavisd-new); dkim=pass
29 > header.i=@gmail.com
30 > Authentication-Results: genesis.genestate.com (amavisd-new); domainkeys=pass
31 > header.from=xxxxxx@×××××.com
32 >
33 > Now I find it unreasonable to assume that 50% of the mail I receive is being actively
34 > tampered with, so it must be something getting twisted out of shape. All I'm trying to
35 > discover is whether it's something at my end that I need to fiddle with. I followed a
36 > few different guides to piece my setup together so it's quite possible I've overlooked
37 > or misconfigured something.
38
39 90% chance the emails failing DKIM verification had their email subject modified
40 to add "[gentoo-user]" in it by the mlmmj program that manage the mailing-list,
41 which mainly concerns topic starts (ie first mails about one topic).
42
43 > If anyone knows about DKIM and might be able to shed a light on this, I'd love to
44 > hear. It's not a big problem, just a puzzle I'm interested in.
45 >
46 > Thanks
47 >
48 > Matt Harrison