From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Different servers behind the same router
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 02:25:50
1 Mike Kazantsev wrote:
2 > On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 03:21:17 +0200
3 > Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
4 >> I can't say I understood what you said, but the majority of ISPs give
5 >> clients v4 IPs? Mine for example right now (it's dynamic) is
6 >> 79.123.149.101. That's the only way to reach me from WAN.
7 >
8 > Not quite what I've meant, but just to illustrate a point...
9 >
10 > emerge miredo (I think it's ebuild is still in bugzilla)
11 > /etc/init.d/miredo start
12 >
13 > And there you go, now you can access this machine by IPv6 address on
14 > teredo interface.
15
16 Thanks for the info. I've looked it up on Wikipedia for the details. I
17 guess the catch here though is that I'm unreachable by people with no
18 IPv6 on their operating system?