From: Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Different servers behind the same router
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 02:00:53
1 On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 03:21:17 +0200
2 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > > There is plenty of address space on IPv6. One can set up a tunnel, if
5 > > ISP doesn't provide it yet.
6 > > After that, it's as simple as enabling forwarding in kernel and opening
7 > > a FORWARD chain, and you can have 64+ bits of real addresses behind it,
8 > > no translation or port forwarding.
9 > >
10 > > And teredo (in form of miredo daemon) offers ability to access IPv6
11 > > from anywhere (like public hotspots) w/o setting up any tunneling.
12 > >
13 > > Of course, it's not much use for public server, but certainly useful
14 > > for ssh (among over things) to networks behind nat.
15 >
16 > I can't say I understood what you said, but the majority of ISPs give
17 > clients v4 IPs? Mine for example right now (it's dynamic) is
18 > 79.123.149.101. That's the only way to reach me from WAN.
19
20 Not quite what I've meant, but just to illustrate a point...
21
22 emerge miredo (I think it's ebuild is still in bugzilla)
23 /etc/init.d/miredo start
24
25 And there you go, now you can access this machine by IPv6 address on
26 teredo interface.
29 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net