From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Preliminary report] Gnome-3.8 update works with openrc :)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:29:43
1 Am 30.07.2013 07:35, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
2 > On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz> wrote:
3 >> Am 30.07.2013 03:04, schrieb walt:
4 >>> As I posted in another thread, after successfully updating to gnome-3.8
5 >>> on a virtual gentoo machine that's been running systemd for months, I
6 >>> tackled my openrc gentoo virtual machine just to see if I could do it.
7 >>>
8 >>> I just did it :) Gnome-3.8 is running on the openrc machine without
9 >>> running systemd at all.
10 >>
11 >> Try suspending/hibernating the machine via Gnome menu. Does that work
12 >> for you? Never got that to work when I used openrc.
13 >
14 > Also:
15 >
16 > • Can you mount (as a normal user) USB drives, CDs, sftp remote directories?
17
18 I was able to mount usb sticks on openrc/gnome3.8, also sftp shares via
19 gvfs. I have no optical drive, so I don't know
20
21 > • Can you add a new wireless or wired networks with NetworkManager?
22
23 Never tried NM or wifi on my workstation, but my guess would be that it
24 will not work.
25
26 > • Can you shut down the machine from the GNOME menu?
27
28 This worked
29
30 > • Bluetooth? Printers?
31
32 Printing via cups worked, but I don't use BT