From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Restricting Firefox website access
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:02:41
1 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 >>> But I had expected Squid + module to be the answer, and no-one
4 >>> mentioned it. A couple of clowns mentioned OpenDNS, and DansGuardian
5 >>> was the only serious reply I got, so you might want to look at that,
6 >>> too.
7 >>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/175114
8 >>>
9 >>> I really should be implementing this internet filtering this weekend.
10 >>
11 >> Did privoxy go out of business... or just not suitable for the need?
12 >>
13 >> I used to use it a few yrs ago but haven't had the need for quite a
14 >> while now.
15 >
16 > What is the advantage of privoxy over squid? Maybe simplicity?
17
18 Not sure there is one. I ran privoxy through squid. Privoxy talked
19 direct to squid.