From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Restricting Firefox website access
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 17:40:32
1 >> But I had expected Squid + module to be the answer, and no-one
2 >> mentioned it. A couple of clowns mentioned OpenDNS, and DansGuardian
3 >> was the only serious reply I got, so you might want to look at that,
4 >> too.
5 >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/175114
6 >>
7 >> I really should be implementing this internet filtering this weekend.
8 >
9 > Did privoxy go out of business... or just not suitable for the need?
10 >
11 > I used to use it a few yrs ago but haven't had the need for quite a
12 > while now.
13
14 What is the advantage of privoxy over squid? Maybe simplicity?
15
16 - Grant