From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: The Linux Ecosystem (with funny references to Gentoo vs Canonical)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:04:20
1 On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 09:51:26PM -0800, Joshua D Doll wrote:
2
3 > This video brought up an interesting question by my friend (an ubuntu
4 > user). How would one go about getting Canonical or the ubuntu community to
5 > change their practice of not contributing fixes back upstream? Without
6 > having to change distributions.
7
8 From my point of view (and assuming he hasn't the knowledge as a user),
9 the best he can do is to ask what's going on upstream when filing a bug.
10 For instance he should ask for the version of the upstream package that
11 include the fix.
12
13 But in some (most ?) case, it wouldn't be appropriate as it could only
14 be an Ubuntu issue.
17 Nicolas Sebrecht