From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pop up windows with text message
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 03:06:34
1 On 07/11/13 09:28, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 20:48:22 -0600, Joseph wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thanks Alan, yes I'm looking into it and your are the second person who
5 >> suggested to me "inotify" is the tool for the job. I've installed
6 >> inotify-tools but I think I will need to find more samples to make it
7 >> to work :-)
8 >
9 >Try incron, it uses the kernel's inotify functions but does the work
10 >for you, and it comes with plenty of examples.
11 >
12 >> Once I copy the file, the system should notify a use that new file
13 >> exist (a message pop-up). If the use closes the message and will not
14 >> open the file, after few ours I want to remind the user that the file
15 >> has not been open yet.
16 >
17 >incron could launch one script you when the file is created. This
18 >would send the notification and create an at job to send another
19 >notification after a specified time. Then you could have another
20 >icrond task triggered by the file being opened for read, that kills
21 >the at job
24 >--
25 >Neil Bothwick
26 >
27 >God is real, unless specifically declared integer.
28
29 I found "gxmessage" it is very simple and perfect for pop-up message on the other computer.
32 Joseph