From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: udev (viable) alternatives ?
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 05:35:56
1 On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 05:48:49PM +0200, Samuli Suominen wrote
3 >
4 >> I wouldn't worry about it at all, there is no way *sys-fs/udev ebuild*
5 >> will ever need systemd. There might be a news item later, with
6 >> instructions on moving to something else, but that's not something we
7 >> are even planning at the moment, so sys-fs/udev is still the de facto
8 >> proper upstream /dev manager.
9 >
10 > What worries me is that Lennart has been able to get modifications
11 > done to the kernel, e.g. kdbus. I know this'll sound paranoid, but how
12 > long before he pushes a patch that requires systemd to run the linux
13 > kernel?
14
15 Then you can take the very last commit to Linus' Git repository before
16 that hypothetical change, and fork the Linux kernel into whatever
17 direction your crazy heart desires.
18
19 Business as usual in the Free Software world.
20
21 Regards.
22 --
23 Canek Peláez Valdés
24 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias