From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:16:56
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi again,
5 >>
6 >> For those mot up to date. I built a new rig that has a Nvidia GT220 card in
7 >> it. I bought a brand new monitor this morning, a LG W2253, and it worked
8 >> one time. I had to reboot to move some things around and when I rebooted,
9 >> the GUI doesn't come up. The BIOS screen shows up and I can see the
10 >> services start up as well but when it switches to vt7, it just has a little
11 >> blinking cursor at the top.
12 >>
13 > At first glance my guess is that your kernel is configured incorrectly somehow.
14 >
15 > I have a similar card (Nvidia GT 240). I am using fully ~amd64 system
16 > and it all works. FWIW, below are my settings& a couple thoughts too.
17 > << SNIP>>
18 >
19 > I can send you my kernel .config if you want. Let me know! Good luck :)
23 You are correct, it was a kernel config issue. Nvidia needs
24 CONFIG_SYSVIPC enabled in the kernel to work correctly.
25
26 Dale
27