From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: tried desktop profile
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 18:58:23
1 On 2020-10-14, antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > Does your mobo support NVMe drives? Just be aware my mobo is crap in
4 > that it says it supports two graphics cards, NVMe, etc, but if you stick
5 > an NVMe in the second graphics card is disabled, or if you use both the
6 > NVMe slots you lose a couple of SATA ports, or whatever. Bit of a PoS in
7 > that regard.
8
9 I think that's pretty common. NVMe uses PCI-express channels that are
10 often shared with one of the PCI-express "slots" on the motherboard.
11 As a result you can't use both at the same time.
14 Grant